November 14, 2009

Backloop Scarf - Free Pattern

SCARVES FOR SENIORS PROJECT
A good friend of mine works at a rest home in Massachusetts and he has started a project called "Scarves for Seniors." One of my favorite patterns is just a simple scarf that I know is so simple it can't be claimed as an original pattern so I make no claims to it being my pattern. I'll just type up the pattern below for those who might be interested in using it.

Please crochet or knit a scarf (use whatever pattern you'd like) for a less fortunate, deserving senior citizen, many of whom will have no one and receive nothing for the holidays. When your scarf is complete, email Lee at Distinctives123@verizon.net for the address. He works the night shift and will sort the scarves into male and female scarves and pass them out. Let's bring some cheer to others in need this year.

UPDATE: LEE WROTE ME THE FOLLOWING:

I am not looking for any certain colors or patterns only that the scarf be long and wide enough for resident to double over ( it gets very windy). IF the person making the scarf felt led to include a little note to resident that is also welcomed as they do not get much mail. Also include their email addy so I can email that scarf arrived and thank them too. Like I had said after I will sit with residents and help to write out thank you notes - residents will enjoy this! Thanks Donna. I will keep you informed of how it is going.

SO sad that these people have no one. We have 22 residents - will be getting a new lady tomorrow she is 95. Only three of them have family that call or come by and then not often enough. The home can hold up to 29. My mailing address is:

Lee Imbriani / 5 Daniels Hgts #8/ Fitchburg, MA 01420

Thanks again, Lee





Hobby Lobby – I Love This Yarn! medium worsted 4 ply
Color A: Medium Blue

Hook size: J/10 6.0 mm

Width: 4” x 72”


My ETSY shop for patterns: http://SmoothFox.etsy.com
My Blog: http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/
My email: SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com
My crochet merchandise: http://www.zazzle.com/smoothfox*

THIS PATTERN IS AVAILABLE AS A .PDF BY GOING BACK TO MY MAIN PAGE OF THIS BLOG AND LOOKING DOWN THE RIGHT COLUMN. YOU WILL FIND ALL PATTERNS AS .PDF VERSIONS. http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/


Instructions:

Row 1: Ch 17, turn, dc in 4th ch from hook and each ch across. (15 dc)

Row 2: Turn, ch 3, (counts as first dc), dc in Back Loop of next 14 sts. (15 dc)

Repeat row 2 until scarf measures 72” long.


Created by Donna Mason-Svara aka SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com ©2009

This pattern has not been tested. Please notify me of any pattern corrections. I will answer any and all questions you may have with the instructions. Do not plagiarize this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com